I'm in the last few hours of my 4-day weekend, so I figured I would take some time to open up my laptop (for the first time since last Thursday!) and give you all an update on how the new house is coming along!
We've decided to throw a housewarming party next month, so we are kicking our home improvement projects into high gear to finish as much as we can before then! I am collapsed on the couch with Chloe and the house currently looks like this:
Anthony and I work differing schedules, so my home improvement projects are usually done on weekdays when I'm off. I knew I had this long weekend coming up, so I had lists on lists on lists of all the things I wanted to get accomplished. It's amazing how much quicker things go when your handy husband is home to help! We blew through my to-do list much quicker than I thought, especially considering that we had a family picnic on Sunday that I had forgotten about when writing said epic to-do list.
Here's an overview of our weekend:
- Made a trip to Joann's and Sherwin Williams first thing Friday morning
- Added foam to the sagging seat cushions of our vintage living room chairs (see them here!)
- Painted the ceiling, walls and trim in our hallway (Stevie)
- Hand sanded all the walls in our dining room (Anthony)
- Painted the first coat of Annie Sloan Chalk paint on our living room chairs upholstery (yes! I'm trying out the whole painting fabric phenomenon that's all over Pinterest!)
- Realized I didn't buy enough ASCP and would have to interrupt our home improvement efforts to drive a 2 hour roundtrip back to the only store near me that sells it...
- Had dinner and then played Clue with our friends Jake & Jamie for a couple hours before crashing
- Woke up early Saturday to wipe down the dusty dining room walls and paint the ceiling before meeting Jake & Jamie for breakfast at Lion's Pride
- Picked up our pup, Chloe and drove to Consign It Furniture in Kennett Square to buy more ASCP
- Picked up EVEN MORE paint samples at the Sherwin Williams across the street
- Stopped into the local Habitat for Humanity Restore, because I couldn't resist and good thing, too! We found a cool mid-century plein air style painting that we are going to hang in the hallway for $7.50!
- Made the drive back to YoCo (York County for all you non-Central Pennsylvanians!)
- Sampled the new paints colors on the dining room wall and made ourselves decide QUICKLY so Anthony could drive to our local Sherwin Williams before they closed for the night.
- Stayed up until 12:30 painting the dining room walls
- Woke up still in my painting clothes and immediately went downstairs to start painting the dining room trim
- Cut in the second coat of the dining room walls
- Showered and drove down to Delta for a family picnic
- Came back home and painted a second coat on our chairs
This morning, I worked on the design for our Housewarming Party invitations for way too long. I think I finally created a design I'm happy with, so hopefully I can get them printed and sent within the next week! I'll definitely share the design once I do. Other than that, I've been doing laundry and straightening up. I still need to touch up some spots in the dining room and paint a third coat on the chairs, but I've been giving my poor prematurely arthritic hands a break from holding a paint brush for a few hours. I can't wait to be finished so I can clean up and start putting these rooms together!
How was your weekend? Did you do any home improvement projects?
Distract me from my lingering to-do list and tell me all about it!