Summer 2017 Intern
Stevie Storck Design Co. is looking for an organized, creative and self-motivated intern to join our team! The selected candidate will assist Stevie with interior design client projects, the SSDC Home Shop, blog and social media content creation, with a focus on the individuals learning objectives.
Possible responsibilities include:
- shadowing Stevie at client meetings and during the design process
- assisting with sourcing and shopping for client projects, both online and at local retailers
- compiling presentation documents and final deliverables for client projects
- managing our editorial calendar with an opportunity to contribute original blog posts on DIY or Home Design
- uploading new inventory to the online vintage shop & assisting at 2-3 Saturday flea markets
We're looking for someone:
- currently pursuing a bachelor's or associates degree in Interior Design, Art/Design, Business or related fields
- with skills or interests in one or more of the following areas: residential interior design, entrepreneurship, marketing, creative writing, vintage home decor, DIY projects, creative service-based business
- excellent communication skills, as some work will be done remotely
- ideal candidate will have their own computer (Mac preferred, but not required)
The program can be tailored to the individual's interests and learning objectives. This position will be a mix of remote and in-office/on-site work. Local candidates are preferred, but we're open to a 100% remote working arrangement for the right candidate. Stevie Storck Design Co. is a home-based business located in Windsor, PA and working with clients throughout York, Lancaster, Baltimore and Harford counties. The internship is unpaid and will begin in May and end in August. We will work with the school's internship requirements so that the intern may receive credit for their work.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter stating why you want to work with us, what you can bring to the team, & what you hope to learn from an internship with Stevie Storck Design Co.