Wow, how quickly a month flies by! It may have been 32 days since I've last posted, but with all the craziness that's been happening, it feels like it's been years. I want to fill you in on a few things I've been up to in April...
1. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know I started a ceramics class this month at York Arts! I'm three weeks in and I'm having so much fun! I love having another creative outlet and the chance to just chill in the studio with a bunch of cool chicks. Reminds me a little bit of studio with my college classmates!
2. We spent the second weekend of this month in Pittsburgh! By some divine providence, all of my best friends were able to make it back to town that weekend! We had a lovely lunch at the Thompson residence and a fun night out on the Southside. I can't even describe how much I was missing my second hometown! I cried like a baby the whole way to the Turnpike when we had to leave on Sunday afternoon.
3. I had the opportunity to work with Emily Cassel, a Chatham sister who recently started her own Life Coaching business! From our time in college, I remember Emily as being a very driven and passionate person who always seemed to radiate positive energy wherever she went. Our hour-long session only confirmed this truth. You can read my testimonial on her website, here!
4. I am the proud owner of a shiny new library card! I have always loved reading, but for some reason I've been going through a loooooong spell of not reading at all. In 2013, I maybe read 3 books outside of class. And that's probably rounding up... I would blame it on all of the assigned reading I had to do in college, but I never did any of that anyway, so I am excuse-less. Anyway, I put my shiny new card to good use last week, checking out 3 books! (Two of which I found recommended by Janssen at Everyday Reading - I love her blog!). Anthony was very skeptical that I would finish all three before they are due, but I'm happy to report that 4 days in, I have already finished book one (400 pager at that) and am about a quarter of the way through book two.
5. A few things have happened, and it looks like our goal of finding a new place won't be happening for at least another 4-6 months. Since we were unsure of when we would be moving, I really haven't done any decorating or home improving since we left Pittsburgh, which is why you haven't seen any new projects or tutorials on my blog lately. With our most recent set back, we've decided that it's worth it to start doing some projects that will make our everyday life easier and our surroundings more beautiful. We started our first project, our bathroom, this weekend and I'm so excited to show you the makeover once it's complete! I'm doing a little contest inspired by our bathroom redesign on the Young Tradition Studio Facebook page, so click on over and enter to win a $5 off coupon code for my Etsy shop!
What have you been up to this April?