2018 Update: In honor of my FREE Wifi Password printable hitting 145k engagements on Pinterest, I've refreshed this blog post adding 3 more tips for outfitting a stylish and comfortable room for your guests. Click here to read the updated post and grab your copy!
2016 Update: My FREE "The Wifi Password is..." Printable now has over 32,000 repins on Pinterest! Be sure to read to the end of this post for how to download your free copy!
Now that we are past Thanksgiving, the holidays will be here before we know it! I love getting to see friends and family members who live far away during this time of year, and even though our current apartment is only one bedroom, I love hosting guests! For Thanksgiving, my best friend Lindsay and her boyfriend, James stayed with us for two nights. This time they had to settle for the pull-out sofa bed but I am dreaming of the day when we have a proper Guest Bedroom in our home!
For those of you who will be hosting out-of-town guests this month, I am sharing my top 7 guest room essentials!
1. Fun wall art - A room without art screams "spare room". Upgrade the cozy factor with some cute wall decor. It doesn't have to be expensive! Etsy is a great resource for art prints, like this one from my shop! My hand lettered print makes a sophisticated statement, but the Beauty and the Beast reference is sure to give your guests a chuckle! This printable is available as an instant download through my Etsy shop, so it's the perfect last minute addition to your decor!
2. Cozy blankets - I'm always freezing so I love when the person who's hosting me leaves lots of extra throw blankets around! There are so many beautiful throw options around, from knit to faux fur to fleece.
3. Candles - I'm a big fan of candles when I'm entertaining. Nothing warms up a space like the soft flickering light of a candle and I love walking into a room with a clean, inviting scent. This Stella & Dot candle has a fig, white tea and peach scent and comes in this adorable printed tin! (This would make an excellent Christmas gift too!)
4. Accent chair - When the day comes that we DO have a guest room to furnish, I will be keeping my eye out for a comfy little chair to put in the corner. It will give guests a place to sit (other than the bed!) and will add a dash of style to the room!
5. Wifi - One of the first things I want to do after spending long hours on the road is to plug my electronics in and check my email. Make it easy for your guests by sharing your home's wifi password with this cute printable I designed! Click here to download your copy in the updated version of this post.
6. Snacks - I always like to have some snack food at the ready when I have guests coming. My guests are always welcome to what's in the refrigerator, but guests feel more comfortable helping themselves to snacks that are already out and ready for munching.
7. Reading material - I always have a supply of magazines like Southern Living, Better Homes and Gardens and Martha Stewart Home, and I will usually leave a few of the current issues out when I know guests are coming over. This gives them something to do if you are busy milling about the house preparing for a family gathering or celebration!