Our next priority on the to-do list is to pressure wash the house. As you can see, the exterior is still as filthy as the day we got the keys. After we give our house a good bath, it will be time to start our front porch project!
Here's an overview of our plans for the front porch:
- Patch and repaint floors
- Install new exterior lights (one to the right of the front door and two in the porch ceiling)
- Paint the porch ceiling a contrasting color
- Paint the front door
- Wash and/or repaint the shutters
- Hang porch swing
- Buy hanging baskets (maybe boston ferns or sweet potato vines?)
- Build & plant window boxes
- Buy a small tree for next to the front door (any suggestions from the gardeners out there?)
I've been ordering dozens of paint samples over the last few weeks and I think I finally have the front porch narrowed down to these two color schemes. Click the images to see them larger!
Like always, my dueling design personalities are competing here.
On the left, we have the safe, yet soooo pretty color scheme of pale blue on the ceiling, a deep green-gray on the door and a light beige on the porch floor. I love how soft and pretty these colors feel and the fit the traditional colonial/farmhouse look of our home.
And on the right, we have a much more bold color scheme of blue-black, chartreuse and light grey. You might think I'm crazy, but I want to switch things up and go way dark on the porch ceiling and way light on the porch floor. I love how fresh and modern this scheme feels and it would make our home feel more like the modern farmhouses I keep pinning on Pinterest.
Tell, me which one would you choose???